Saturday, June 19, 2010

Soon

Life is short. My grandparents are in town for a week or two and it's tough for me to look at them and see how much they've aged since the last time I've seen them. When I was younger I used to think that no one ever changed. No one grew old. However people were when I saw them, that's how they would be forever. Obviously since then I have learned better than that. Watching my parents age, watching my grandparents age, looking into the mirror to a more mature face has given me a strong sense of mortality. What am I going to do with my life? I feel like time is wasting and I have to hurry up and decide. Everything jumps out at me. I want to do everything, see everything, taste everything, live everywhere.

Have you ever watched a movie where everyone in it has a British accent then find yourself thinking in a British accent for the next 45 minutes? Or how about having a conversation with someone with an accent and then all of a sudden it becomes a struggle to talk to them without copying their accent? Hmm. I forget what I was going to say.. The guy who plays House has an accent in real life. I wonder if there's a youtube video of him talking with his natural accent...

I've had writers block for awhile.. I've always tried to live my life in a way that if it were a book or TV show, I'd want to watch it. Time to speed up again so I have something to write

Oh one more thing. Martin Ssempa never responded to my email. I wonder if he even read it. I did turn that in to my African literature class for extra credit along with a 2 page description of why it had to do with the class etc etc.. which got me a really good grade in the class at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment