Friday, July 2, 2010

Misses Nordstrom

I had my first day "job shadowing" today at Nordstrom. I worked with the other Nordstrom trainies and met the rest of the department. I watched as the one guy that works at our department sparked an interest in one of the girls. They were both cute. I could tell by listening in to their conversations he was trying really hard to talk to her. She was cute, had a fashionable outfit on, and a nice diamond ring. Her name was Angela and she talked a bit about her mom working at lingerie and how her mom found it difficult to work in that department and it wasn't as easy as it looks. She also talked about how her grandma owned a hotel walking distance from Nordstrom and that she kept one of the floors for her and her grandma to live on. I was like wow that must be so cool to live at a hotel for the summer. We all worked together and put clothes away from the fitting rooms, answered phones, filled orders, took clothes to be altered, called customers, and rung up sales and returns. My 4 hour job shadowing shift seemed to be short but my feet were killing me. I need better shoes, or at least ones that my foot inserts actually fit into. This girl and I compared mental notes on the job and I helped show her how to log out. I knew her name was Angela but after I helped her log out and was about to log out myself, I noticed her full name. I work with Angela Nordstrom. It all makes sense. I learned from the training video that every single Nordstrom started out as a sales person before they became executives in their family business. Either way I really like my job and I'm hoping to stay on for more than just the July sale. I really think that I could do this job while taking classes and there are no chances that a chef would threaten me with a knife. Win win.


No comments:

Post a Comment